Tuesday, May 09, 2006

No Looking Back

Team Mechanic: Andre Van Aarde

Well, let the race season begin. 5:00 this morning Gerrit Beytagh and Andre Van Aarde pulled into Boulder and left shorltly after with one more in tow, me. I'm bummed my teammate, Jo-jo, isn't here. It'll be another 2 weeks before the Mycky and Jo-jo show will start up again. However, I did have the honor of looking at all her trophies from the first NORBA National.

Jo dominated the race in Fontana taking 1st in Pro Women's downhill by 9 seconds (what?) and 2nd in 4cross. Congradultions!

I usually don't like being cooped up in a car over thousands of miles. Today, however, was different. My body is in dire need of R&R and today's travels reflected just that. For the twelve hours that we were in the truck, I was asleep for about 9 of them. My body is feeling much better and the gaping elbow wound has ceased to bleed and only occasionally oozes a clear liquid (usually at the most inopportune times).

Anyway we're crashed out right now at a Holiday Inn outside of St. Louis. I think our travels might be slightly hampered due to some fuel-injection misfunctions. Yah, we pulled into the hotel sending off some serious smoke signals. Hmmm, hot tubing, lounging, working from the lap top, might be in order for tomorrow. I'll steal the line that Andre just reluctanlty spoke into the phone, "it's all part of the fun."


2 Comments:

Blogger Neven said...

I really like the picture. A lot! :)

I hope that you have an awesome trip, and that you get all healed up. I am going to miss my partner in crime for the next 3 weeks!!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Mansard said...

Any updates or did you give up your blog until fall? :)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home