Thursday, January 26, 2006

California Day Two & Three:

I'm calling myself out right now. I'm stupid. I decided to challenge Wentz to a drinking contest last night. Weapon of choice: Margaritas. I'm to hung-over right now to go into all the details. But I feel sorry for whoever has to clean up the bathroom at Sharkeez. Damn, those were such good fish tacos too. I'm just glad the mik never made it to Mimi and I for karaoke.

Anyway, I'm holding out in this coffee shop until In-n-Out opens. I need some greasy cheese burgers badly. On a brighter note, the past couple of days have been awesome. Monday was a dirt jumping spree. We started at the Hidden Valley dirt jumps. This great little stash of jumps features two sections. The moderate set of jumps range from 7-foot to 15-foot gaps with some decent size lips. Then I went to the big-boy section. Ugh, Crazy! These suckers are huge. Just look at the picture of Steve up against the landing of one of the jumps. The lips were about 10' high, gaps ranged from 15-25 feet, and the landings, many of which were step-ups, were about 15' high. Steve has been hitting this line. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of this crazy airtime in the upcoming days.

After Hidden Valley, we went to Sheep Hills. The place looked great and the dirt jumping was awesome. Right off the bat Steve busted out one of the biggest trickiest lines perfectly. I stepped up to some pretty big doubles and really just tried to dial in my technique on everything else that was small.

That evening, Steve and I made an Italian Sausage dinner for Le and Mimi. Between the pasta, wine, and company, the dinner was great.

Yesterday morning, Steve and I dug out at the Hidden Vallay dirt jumps. Later on, we went down to Laguna Beach and got an awesome XC ride in. I got to ride the Turner Highline. This new freeride bike handled beautifully.

Okay In 'n Out hurry up and open I can't type anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUCKY DUCKY

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home